Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Goodness of God

I want to talk about the goodness of the Lord. Yes, the Lord is very good. The problem lies with us: we don’t have faith in Him. Two years ago I was posted for special duty. I had done this sort of exercise seven times previously, beginning from 1996 onwards. This was my eight [and last] time. My wife said, ‘You’ve been serving the Commission so diligently, why don’t you asking for a place of your choice?’ I was reluctant. But she kept pressing me, and finally I relented. I rang up the Commission and asked, ‘Is there a vacancy in the region S?’ They said, ‘No, sorry, it’s not possible.’ Then I said, ‘Can you accommodate me in the district D [which is adjacent]?’ They said, ‘Yes, we can work that out.’ My heart raced with hope. When I got my posting orders, yes, it was the district D! The lovely picturesque hills of D! So many friends! So many churches! My heart filled with joy.

Of course, I took my family. We had a wonderful, unforgettable time! Oh, I covered the hills all around. It was a glorious summer and the hills were full of flowers. We stayed for a month! I visited so many places, took so many photos. Visited so many assemblies, preached in so many churches. The photos you see on this web-site and the sister blogs all belong to those halcyon days. God is good, and His mercies endure forever!

Procyon

1 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

God is so good. What a blessed time to have with your family and the churches all while doing your duty. :)

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home