Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Power of Psalm 91

There I was in the room with 25 others. And the Course Director [a lady] was indirectly attacking me. I could feel the hostility. All because I took a stand to be a witness for the Lord Jesus Christ. The whole campus seemed to be a seat of Satan. The Management of the Academy was under the control of idolaters.

It was as if Satan was saying: 'You try preaching Christ here, and you are going to be attacked!'. That reminded me of the phrase oft repeated in the Book of Revelation: 'The word of God and the testimony of Jesus'! If we really stand for the word of God, i.e. practise the word of God; and have the testimony of Jesus [which includes being a witness for the Lord] -- then we are going to face the attack of the enemy.

So there I was in this room, and this woman was being hysterical in her anger. She was indirectly referring to me. I did not open my mouth. I held my peace. All the while I was reading Psalm 91. What a powerful psalm. Oh, the word of God is so powerful, if only we exercise faith in it! And I was literally claiming every word in that Psalm by faith. I could sense the presence of the enemy.

It turned out that the woman was telling a pack of lies -- outrageous lies. What would have happened had I confronted her? She would have broken down into tears. I would have been made a fool. I held my peace. It takes God's strength to hold your peace.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for Psalm 91. Thank you for Your powerful trustworthy word.

[Referring to an incident that took place up in the hills during April 2006, when I was witnessing for Christ.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home