Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Psalm 13

Paraphrase of Psalm 13

Lord, I have been waiting so long.
O Lord, have you forgotten me?
Why do You hide Your face from me?
Why are You not speaking to me?

How long should I suffer like this?
How long should I sorrow?
How long shall the enemy prevail against me?
How long shall I remain in this valley of depression?

Lord, look at me, hear me, have mercy on me!
Lord, open my eyes that I may see You.
Lord, open my ears that I may hear You.
Lord, reach out and touch me,
Revive me and refresh me,
Otherwise I will sleep 'the long sleep of death'.

The enemy prevails against me.
He continually troubles me.
He is forever trying to shake me
So that I may stumble and fall.
Lord, let not my enemy prevail against me.

I trust in Your mercy.
I trust in Your grace.
I rejoice in Your salvation.
You are a merciful and gracious God.
You will not fail me.

I will praise You, for Your mercy endures forever.
Though outwardly I sorrow,
I will yet sing to You with a heart full of praise,
Because You will deal bountifully with me,
O God of my salvation.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home